Why JITO Angel Network
JITO Angel Network (JAN) is set-up as a non-profit organization to cater to the investment needs of angels and entrepreneurs. JAN seeks out “smart money” from its members. Apart from funds, we look for members who are able to mentor, strategize, and offer connections to our start-ups that will take them to the next level.
Investors - FAQS
JITO ANGEL NETWORK is an Angel Investors Group started by a group of JITO Members. Given the interest expressed by JITO Apex in wanting to engage and encourage new age entrepreneurs, we decided to provide a customized platform to do just that and more. A group of very active and enthusiastic JITO Members decided to come together and thus came into being, JITO ANGEL NETWORK (JAN). This sub-group also forms the core team which carries out initial assessment of recommended start-ups.
JAN is an independent forum with over 190+ Jain Businessmen & HNIs from JITO, with the purpose of providing an opportunity to create wealth for its members. This platform aims to leverage and apply the distributed knowledge of the members, in a collective manner, to a given investment opportunity.
- Diverse network of more than 200+ distinguished Businessmen, Senior Professionals & HNIs spanning across various Geographies, Industries and areas of Expertise that are available real time to evaluate any given startup (e.g Due diligence, Funding, Business Knowledge, mentoring and solving various problems)
- Low cost to be a part of the network, given distributed nature.
- Higher chances of success, as the evaluation is done by experts in the fields of business, investing as well as functional areas.
- Ability to start investing with smaller sums as the funding is pooled by the group, still making it meaningful for a given startup.
- Ability to help the startup grow and take them to the next level by providing them additional access to customers, guidance and mentorship along with funding.
- Ability to refer startups that are already known to this forum members, and give an opportunity to do a proprietary deal.
The idea is to keep the costs as low as possible, while still making the initiative sustainable. Being a professional group, meant for the serious members who can identify “Value in any given initiative/Startup” the costs would need to be shared among the members as annual membership fee. The cost would include the cost of the analyst, support staff, IT platform/infrastructure as required, hiring consultants etc. and also cover for admin expenses
Currently the Annual membership fee is Rs.50,000 + 18% GST (Rs.59,000).
As an extension to point number 1, one could evaluate being a part of this forum if you are serious about one or more of the following objectives:
- Want to Learn from peers about how to evaluate startups and investing in general.
- Want to create wealth through investing in startups.
- Want to teach and share your knowledge, expertise and experience related to investments with other members of the forum
- Want to test your entrepreneurial skills while mentoring and guiding startups in various aspects like solving challenges, helping scale up, etc.
- Want to evaluate a startup as an innovative solution provider either for their business or the investors personally.
By filling out JAN membership form online
The membership to JAN Investor is however subject to the ground rules of this forum. The member should fill the complete profile in the form (for Example contact details, PAN Card, Aadhar Card details, etc). However, the JAN Management reserves the right to allow any members to join or continue with the membership.
We plan to provide the following benefits to the members:
- Access to startup pitches, and webinars.
- Access to evaluation reports.
- Quarterly update call/status note from invested startups (One common call with founders for all the members of the JAN investor)